There is a myth about wedding night sex – apparently every newly married couple has the most amazing sex of their lives while consummating the marriage. The truth is that this is not the case for everyone. In fact, there have been married couples who have had some pretty lousy sex that first night. Although that does not signify the instant death of the marriage or the couple’s sex life, there are some things that can be done to make the moment unforgettable.
Gear Up for Great Sex
The goal shouldn’t be to have the best sex you’ve ever had in your life. Instead, be realistic and just focus on each other. The following are some tips that will help:
- Go slow – Live in the moment. You may be a little too tired to have excellent sex, but you can relax and make the experience an intimate and romantic one.
- Lower your expectations – You’re exhausted, had a day full of pressure, and you may be a little drunk. Just try to enjoy whatever happens.
- Read up – There are plenty of resources that will allow you to see what the experts have to say.
- Communicate – Have a little relaxation time where the two of you talk about the wedding, how much you love each other, and make it sappy. If you like things a little dirty, go for it. It’s the sex that follows that’s important.
- Use the morning – Sex without foreplay can be bad. It may be better to wait until the morning and have sex before either one of you leave your wedding night bed. You’ll be more rested to go for it and make the most out of it.
- Flirt during the wedding – There are a lot of technical elements to the wedding, but don’t get too lost in them. Flirt with each other while greeting the guests or cutting the cake.
- Refrain from sex – Refrain from having sex at least two weeks before the wedding. This can make the wedding night fresh. Some couples have given up sex months before the wedding so they can make that first time even more special.
- Try new stuff – If there is something you’ve always wanted to try with your partner, the wedding night can be a fun time to play around and be adventurous.
- Lingerie – If you ever wear it, wear it on your wedding night to spice things up a little.
- Set the mood – Candles, rose petals, music, massage oil, and whatever you think will set the mood can result in some long-lasting loving.
Just as you plan the wedding, it is important to plan what happens afterward. You want your first night together as a married couple to be perfect. Even if it isn’t, don’t fret because those are the memories you will laugh about later.
Photo source: Flickr