How to Integrate Sex Toys into Your Sex Life
Posted on August 25 2016
If you have been looking for something to make sex better because the same old routine has gotten rather dull over time and is sucking the spice out of your relationship, you’re not alone. Many couples have found themselves on a journey to find that one thing that can bring a little magic into their sex lives and their search has led them to sex toys.
The catch, however, is that couples have reservations about integrating sex toys into the bedroom. Perhaps they are insecure, they are nervous about what may happen, they may question whether or not they will know how to use them, or they are not sure sex toys will stimulate them and they’ll be humiliated. These are concerns that are usually unfounded, so a lot of the anxiety is not needed. If anything, the anxiety itself will make it more difficult for sex toys to be effective during foreplay.
Sit Back and Relax
If it is your idea to integrate sex toys into the bedroom, break it to your partner gently. They may offer up some resistance, so offer to show them how easy it is by using the toy on yourself and letting them take over or let your partner hold it and see how it works. If it is your partner’s idea, go ahead and give in to it because there is a good chance you’ll have fun. To get the most out of using sex toys for the first time, here are 5 tips to help:
- Communicate your feelings about sex toys with one another.
- Let your partner know that they are good enough and that they are not going to be replaced by sex toys. Reassure your partner that sex toys are to enhance your sex life just like a massage or watching porn together.
- If you have any insecurities, let your partner know. Those insecurities can usually be forgotten about rather quickly with a little conversation and an open mind.
- If you have to have a vibrator to orgasm, let your partner know. For women, this is typically because they orgasm from clitoral stimulation, so it is best to inform your partner that’s what works.
- If you haven’t chosen a toy yet, choose together. If you are able to choose the right toy together, then you are both invested in the decision and this can immediately eliminate many of the insecurities you may be feeling.
Usually when partners integrate at least one sex toy into their sex life, they will continue to add more to their collection in order to find what really works for them. Chances are it won’t take long to want to try new things fairly often as both of you become more confident.
Image source: ClevrCat